Join us for practical sessions on equipping kids to think critically, biblically, and missionally.
Explore the relationship between kids, the Bible, worldview, apologetics, and their spiritual growth.
Learn more about the journey that led to us equipping kids to carefully evaluate every idea they encounter.
Meet Elizabeth Urbanowicz, the classroom teacher who developed these materials for her students.
Meet members of our team who have contributed to curriculum development.
Foundation Careful Thinking Curriculum
Carefully Evaluate Every Idea
Foundation Careful Thinking Curriculum kids 10+ the skills they need to unmask faulty ideas and embrace the truth.
What’s Covered in the Careful Thinking Curriculum?
Foundation Careful Thinking Curriculum equips kids 10+ with the basic skills they need to evaluate the truthfulness of ideas. This Curriculum sets the stage for critical thinking in every area of life. As children begin to learn the basic skills in careful thinking, they quickly begin to recognize faulty ideas in the world around them.
Scope and Sequence
- Lesson 1: Christians Should Spend Time Learning to Think Carefully
- Lesson 2: Careful Thinking Helps Us Avoid Captivity to False Ideas
- Lesson 3: Our Thoughts Affect Our Desires and Our Actions
- Lesson 4: Discovering Truth Is Important
- Lesson 5: Truth Is Objective
- Lesson 6: Knowledge Is Having Good Reasons for Believing a Claim
- Lesson 1: Something Is What It Is, and It Is Not Something Else
- Lesson 2: Understanding Claims May Take Time
- Lesson 3: A Claim Is Either True or False
- Lesson 4: A Claim Cannot Be Both True and False
- Lesson 5: A Claim Must Be Able to Follow Its Own Rules
- Lesson 6: Careful Thinking Rules Help Us Evaluate Claims
- Lesson 1: A Person’s Character Doesn’t Make His Claim True or False
- Lesson 2: Don’t Forget About the Claim in Question
- Lesson 3: Feelings Are Not Support
- Lesson 4: Popularity Does Not Equal Truth
- Lesson 5: Experts Can Be Wrong
- Lesson 6: Do Not Assume a Claim Is True
- Lesson 1: Strong Support Is the Standard for Knowledge
- Lesson 2: Strong Support Doesn’t Go Against Common Human Experience
- Lesson 3: Strong Support Is Factual
- Lesson 4: Strong Support Is Confirmed by Reliable Sources
- Lesson 5: Strong Support Holds More Weight than the Support on the Other Side
- Lesson 1: Seek to Love Others When Speaking Truth
- Lesson 2: Listen to Understand Others
- Lesson 3: Ask Questions to Help Others Think Carefully
- Lesson 4: Consider You Might Be Wrong
- Lesson 5: Practice Communicating Careful Thinking
Foundation Careful Thinking Curriculum is primarily a digital product.
See the Foundation Difference
Not sure if Foundation Worldview is the right fit for you?
Try a sample lesson and find out for yourself.